In 2016, the United States will be electing a new president. After the 2014 election in Congress, Barack Obama will be a lame duck president. It's not too early to begin thinking about his legacy.
Here is what history will tell you:
- His economic policies bankrupted the largest economy in the world.
I honestly believe that you could take the telephone directory of any of the major cities and pick a name at random from it and find a person who understands economics better that President Obama. Not only has his administration failed to provide the leadership to Congress to pass a budget, he has allowed Congress to spend, spend, spend, so that when he retires, the United States will have over $18 trillion in debt. That is a debt that cannot be repaid under the current financial system. There are tricks to pay it off, but none of them bode well for the citizens of the United States.
Some of the things particular policies that have hurt the US economy:
- Blocking drilling and pipelines that raise energy costs
- Imposing $70 billion worth of new regulations on businesses causing massive unemployment
- Higher costs of student loans so that more money can be funnelled to Obamacare
- Amnesty for illegal aliens which drives down wages
- Higher health care costs. Obamacare. 'Nuff said.
- His foreign policy was totally incoherent.
President Obama gives much lip service to peace. Heck, the guy won a Nobel Peace Prize. And yet today, we have more soldiers fighting in more countries in any time since World War II. During his presidency, there have been US troops conduction armed operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya, Nigeria, Somalia, Mali, Panama, Guatemala, and Honduras.
The US still props up dictators under President Obama, dictators like Hosni Mubarak, that is, until there is a political advantage not to. And the most stable country in the Middle East? Well, Israel is pretty small. In addition to supplying arms to Al Quaeda affiliates in Syria, President Obama "draws a line in the sand" over the use of chemical weapons in the Syrian civil war, yet when there is evidence of the use of such weapons, he goes on a bus tour to tout his [doomed to fail] economic plan. Consequently, the US inconsistency, incompetence, and ineptness has made the US irrelevant in the Middle East.
- His administration was one of the most corrupt, if not the most corrupt.
The scandals associated with President Obama's administration are almost too numerous to list in a blog like this. And these are the ones we know about. Another site will give you more details, but I will list a few of them here:
- IRS targets Obama’s enemies
- Benghazi Coverup
- Spying on AP reporter
- The James Rosen affair
- Attorney General Eric Holder's perjury regarding the Rosen Affair
- The BATF “Fast and Furious” scheme
- Attorney General Eric Holder's perjury regarding “Fast and Furious”
- Sebelius demands payment donations from companies HHS might regulate
- The Pigford scandal
- The General Services Administration boondoggle of an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers.
- Veterans Affairs in Disney World to the tune of $6,000,000
- Sebelius violates the Hatch Act
- Lisa Jackson using the name “Richard Windsor” when corresponding by email with other government officials
- Refusing to investigate the New Black Panthers voter intimidation
- Attacking Libya without Congressional approval
And on, and on, and on...